[ale] OT: Good Support Company for 3Com IP Phone System?

William Miller smeadspam100 at speedfactory.net
Wed Jun 1 14:23:47 EDT 2005

Assuming your at the default IP

http://192.168.1.190/htfs0/billing.txt?administrator,[Password],2000,8,27

Here's a collection of tibbits I've gotten over time:

    * http://192.168.1.190/htfs0/billing.txt?whatever,password,2000,8,27
      replace 'password' with your call reporting users password lynx --auth backup:password http://192.168.1.190/sec_cont/device/t1rpt.htm
    * http://192.168.1.190/sec_cont/ops/memory.htm
    * http://192.168.1.190/sec_cont/system/mirror.htm
    * sec_cont/ops/dbrcvry.htm
    * /sec_cont/report/devnav2.psd an adobe file
    * /sec_cont/system/feat.htm
    * /sec_cont/users/callmem.htm crashes web task "tEmWeb"
    * http://192.168.1.190/tns/phones.htm http://192.168.1.190/tns/phones.htm list of phones but its not html...
    * /htfs0/tmp/dirlist.htm Fancy Directory
    * /sec_cont/ops/cfglog.htmSet Loggin
    * /sec_cont/diags/cli.htmOpen Digital Line Card (DLC) Diagnostics*
      *Note: Can also telnet to port 2323, enter the MAC address and channel [MAC]-1

NBX vxWorks commands
This page is here since there is a total lack of support from 3com.

vxWorks is a unix like system so many of the commands work like the unix versions. There is a command line editor that works like the "vi" mode in ksh.

Command aruments need to be in double quotes if they are strings and commas seperate variables. Numbers are in decimal or in c style hex by starting with a 0x

    * Basic commands ll ["file or dir"] Long list (ls -l) a file
    * ls ["file or dir"] short list (ls) a file
    * lkup ["substring"] look up a list of symbols (commands)
    * lkup "" show all symbols
    * help get some help
    * ping "1.2.3.4" ping an ip address
    * arptabshow show the arp table
    * vmStats show voice mail stats
    * cd "/dir" change directory
    * pwd show curent directory
    * showTAPIClients show TAPI clients
    * netHelp shows net commands
    * devs List Devices
    * inetstatShow show all Internet protocol sockets
    * ifShow show info about network interfaces. The first one listed is the hardware port, the next one is the software controller port.
      You can see NCP uplink port statistics such as collisions, dropped packets, and total traffic/packet volumes sent and received.
    * ^R Reboot the Unit - Hold down the ctrl and press r (controlR command)
    * nbxDumpAll Dumps all info for 3Com Support - Unit must be rebooted afterwards
    * nbxIpConfig Show and allows changes of the current IP settings, which may have changed from the default values

    * Advanced commands checkStack [task] get a list of running tasks
    * td [task] stop (unix kill) a task td nbxTaskInit stops the nbx start up task.
    * rotueadd ... sets routing info
    * lkup "Mirror" shows disk Mirroring commands that you can't use.

HELP for Diagnostics CLI
=======================
# cfgView - view card configuration.

# cfgSet - set card configuration

# devIf [ifNo] - specify which interface to examine

# devName [MAC addr] - specify which card to examine. Format is
   XX:XX:XX (will be prefixed by 00:E0:BB) or YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY

# help - prints out this list of commands

# memRd [startAddr] - reads memory

# memWr [startAddr] - writes to memory. '.' to end, for next line

# stkCC - state of Call Control layer of ISDN stack

# stkNS - state of Network Services layer of ISDN stack

# stkDL - state of Datalink layer of ISDN stack

# stkME - state of Management Entity layer of ISDN stack

# stkSME - state of System Management Entity layer of ISDN stack

# stkIf - state of all layers of current interface

# stkAll - state of all layers of all interfaces

# stkFatal - get description of fatal error

# stkStartStat - start gathering statistics

# stkStopStat - stop gathering statistics

# stkResetStat - reset statistics

# stkGetStat - get statistics

# sysVer - software and hardware version information

# sysState- state of system resources

# sysReset [hard/soft] - performs hardware or software reset

Stack Logging Commands (stklog)
===============================
Format: 'stklog -[specifier] on/off'
  (multiple specifiers only if all ON or all OFF- cannot mix)

Layer specifiers : -csc -cc -ns -dl -me -sme
                             -if (all layers on current interface
Type specifiers : -mb (mailbox) -sc (state change) -liflog -smelog
ISDN Layer 3 (NS): -ieh (IEs in hex) -iep (IEs parsed) -ier (raw)
ISDN Layer 2 (DL): -dlr (Raw datalink messages in hex)

Manual Call Control (MCC)
=========================
# mccMode [on/off] - switches MCC mode on or off

# mccLoopOn [] - sets Loopback on

# mccLoopOff [] - sets Loopback off

# mccAlert []* - sends Alert message

# mccAutoAlert [on/off] - automatic Alert reply to Setup

# mccConn []* - sends Connect

# mccDisc []* - sends Disconnect

# mccInfo []* - sends Info ('-d' for digits)

# mccRel []* - sends Release

# mccSetAck []* - sends Setup Ack

# mccSetup [] - sends Setup

# mccSetDflt [] - changes defaults

# mccViewDflt - prints defaults

MCC parameters (octal, decimal or hex eg '-ch 16' or '-ch 0x10' is ch 16
              except for cdn/cgn/d which are digit strings.
Misc: -ch [chan] -crv [CRV] -ca [cause]
Called Number: -cdn [number] -cdt [type]
Info digits: -d [number]
Calling Number: -cgn [number] -cgt [type] -cgp [pres] -cgs [screen]
Loopback : -lt ['pay'load, 'rem'ote, 'lcl' (local) or 'ch'an]

* - Uses CRV from incoming Setup, unless over-ridden on command line.