[ale] Screwed by PPP0E

Paul Manno paul at dblegl.atl.ga.us
Wed Jun 1 07:49:10 EDT 2005

Just a data point - Speedfactory consented (with discussion) to provide a
replacement router that does the PPPoE and acts just like the previous
connection for no changes or charges -- including the static IP address.

So far, the connection is transpararently stable <sound of cr at 5h> over 3
weeks.  Yes, they'll be converting all their customers to PPPoE due to a
"significant" cost increase by Bell$outh they wished to not pass on to
their customers.  So they claim.

-- Paul