[ale] https being redirected to http

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jul 29 16:50:34 EDT 2005

I've got the following setup:

Stunnel --> Apache --> Tomcat

I'm doing this to hack in https support temporarily between the web
browser and the web server.  The problem is that when tomcat does the
redirects to send the client to the correct pages it replaces 'https'
with 'http'

Here is my Apache index.html
--------------------------
 <HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="0;URL=/AlarmCenter/">
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
</BODY>
</HTML>
-------------------------

No where does it say http. But If I go to site "https://ipaddress/'  My
browser will be redirected to 'http://ipaddress/AlarmCenter/login.htm'
Why is tomcat or apache ignoring the fact that I originally came in via
https?  Could it be a setting in mod_jk.conf?

--------------------------
<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/usr/local/tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel emerg

# Static files
Alias /AlarmCenter "/opt/SAM/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30/webapps/AlarmCenter"

<Directory "/opt/SAM/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30/webapps/AlarmCenter">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
DirectoryIndex index.jsp
</Directory>

# Deny direct access to WEB-INF and META-INF
#
<Location "/AlarmCenter/WEB-INF/*">
AllowOverride None
deny from all