[ale] Reclaiming WIndows drive space

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 27 14:31:36 EDT 2005

I've got a laptop with a 60GB drive divided 50/50 between SUSE 9.3 and
WinXP.  I'd like to reclaim the the 30GB WinXP partition and use the
60GB drive exclusively for SUSE (making a 30GB /data partition).

What would be the easiest way to do this?  I've got Partiion Magic 7
with which I thought I might nuke the WinXP partition.  Or is doing
this in Linux better.  The current SUSE partitions are ReiserFS so I
thought I'd do the same with this new partition.

I have a ton of data on the SUSE side and I could backup and do a
complete reinstall, but this would be a last resort.

Thanks for tips.

--
Cheers,
Trey

There is a certain impertinence in allowing oneself to be burned for an
opinion.
		-- Anatole France

Linux salamander 2.6.11.4-21.7-default i686 GNU/Linux
  2:27pm  up 5 days  5:17,  3 users,  load average: 0.23, 0.07, 0.02