[ale] Atlanta I.T. job market [OT]

aaron aaron at pd.org
Mon Jul 25 06:24:25 EDT 2005

On Monday 25 July 2005 03:22, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> For those not on the local Unix Users Group mailing list,
> this announcement might be useful:
>
> ----------------- <begin copied material> --------------------------
>
> Topic:    Where is the Atlanta I.T. job market going?
>
> Speaker:  Donna Frazier,  ComputerJobs.com, Atl, GA
>
> Location: Hewlett-Packard Building, 20 Perimeter Summit, Atl, GA

Interesting (indicative?) choice of venue for the topic, since the latest
obscenely overpayed slash and burn CEO of HP just announced another
10% cut in their workforce, killing some 14,000 more jobs. Guess this Mark
Hurd just a Karly clone without the cute hairdo, anxious to "herd" the
thinning numbers of HP employees to the chopping block.

Could be worse, though.... imagine how many limbs he'd chew off of
the company if they weren't actually doing well.

peace
aaron