[ale] Linux & USB Wi-Fi adapters?

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sun Jul 24 23:54:32 EDT 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, Geoffrey wrote:

> Richard Atcheson wrote:
> > On Saturday 23 July 2005 06:18 pm, Bob Toxen wrote:
> >
> >>Watch out about rebates offered at BestBuy.  I didn't get my $50
> >>rebate and when I went back to BestBuy, they said "Don't bother us,
> >>go hassle with the [dishonest] manufacturer."  I took their advice
> >>and won't bother with BestBuy again.
> >

> > A little tip for sending in rebates.  If you cannot trace your sent mail the
> > company can say they never received it and you're screwed.  For $2.75 you can
> > send it via certified mail, no receipt requested which adds another 1.75 or
> > so.  You can then verify delivery via USPS website.
> >
> > So far I havent lost a single rebate submitted that way.
> >
> > For a 10 buck rebate it drops the value of the rebate but for a 20 or more
> > rebate it's cheap insurance.
>
> You forgot your cost of running to the post office to send it rather
> than simply sticking a stamp on it and throwing it in your mailbox.

Well, IF we need to be picky and do full accounting, add in the cost of
envelope, time to fill in forms and follow up, and so forth. IMHO (and
nobody elses apparently) rebates just raise the cost of making the sale.
Trouble is, so many people like getting money back they decline fo figure
out where the money came from in the first place.

YMMV of course.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance
                   Author Unknown