[ale] Linux & USB Wi-Fi adapters?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Jul 24 09:40:54 EDT 2005

Eric Webb wrote:
> On Saturday 23 July 2005 07:18 pm, Bob Toxen wrote:
>
>>Frys and MicroCenter seem far more honest.
>

> That seems funny... because what I know of Fry's and hear from friends in
> California (where Fry's originated), I would say you have to watch our for
> Fry's more than other big-name retailers.  One example, some of their "deals"
> are really unmarked refurbs...

That is explicitly against the law, fraud.  I'm surprised a large
company like Fry's could get away with that on any scale.

> That said, I still love shopping at Fry's...

As do I.  I can not walk into the place without spending the day!  I
usually drop my wife off at the Mall of GA and head over to Frys.

> Haven't been to MicroCenter since the early 90's...  Has their format changed
> much since then?  Being on the southside, I don't venture that way too often.

They have a great return policy on hardware.  You can return it within
30 days, even if it's open as long as you return all the contents
(hardware, manuals..).

--
Until later, Geoffrey