[ale] OT "Homework" was Networking question

brucelists at bellsouth.net brucelists at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 23 16:31:03 EDT 2005

Ha! That sounds like fun. In college one of my friends had a very low mile '64 Chrysler New Yorker with 413 V8, 4 barrel carb and dual exhaust. I don't think we'd need any fancy computers to figure out mileage. When he put the accelerator pedal to the floor, you could visibly watch the gas gauge go down (premium fuel only). The speedometer needle quicly went up, the fuel needle went down almost as fast.

I think we'd need to run some simulations about the difference between having a big car sitting in the driveway, versus something a kid could afford to drive. When we talk about the project, I just go back to remembering feeding a '76 Impala 4 door hard top loaded with options. Yep, big car, big V8,  you ride a bike or walk.

I can't even figure a way to get back on topic now. Maybe have him build a photo server documenting a build.