[ale] Laptop recommendation

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Jul 21 12:06:39 EDT 2005

Denny Chambers wrote:
> Toshiba also has a linux support website -
> http://linux.toshiba-dme.co.jp/linux/index.htm

Just my 2 cents.  I had a terrible experience with a toshiba laptop last
December.  I picked one up, got it home and it was doa.  I returned that
one for an exchange and was going to add some additional memory.  Max
memory was not listed in the documentation or website anywhere.  When I
called Toshiba support, they actually told me that this model was so
new, that that information was not available.

I returned it to the store, and told the whole story to the store
manager.  He agreed to accept it, as long as I replaced it with another
laptop, which is when I purchased the HP.

--
Until later, Geoffrey