[ale] External CD/DVD Writer

Robert Story rstory-l at revelstone.com
Thu Jul 21 11:58:06 EDT 2005

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:50:01 +0000 aaron wrote:
A> There are dozen's of 1394/USB external cases out there, and my experience
A> from purchasing and using several external hard drive cases is that they are
A> now fairly consistent in standards compliance and compatibility.

What you *do* have to be careful about, for hard drives, is the chipset used
for the firewire interface. Some of them wont support larger drives. I've got
one case that won't work with anything bigger than 137 GB, and have seen
'supports drives up to 250 GB' in ads (implying that a 300 GB won't work).