[ale] Nvidia 7667 and SUSE 9.3 kernel update

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Mon Jul 18 17:56:57 EDT 2005

On Mon July 18 2005 4:57 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. ?I don't understand why a kernel
> update would affect the OS recognizing the monitor. ?Did it touch
> your X config file? ?If so, I'd try backing up the config file,
> update the kernel, then replace the config file.
I might back up that file anyway, thanks for the tip..

> What was the specific error you received?
someone emailed me off-line with some instructions. Specific to a Dell
box... figures. That's why I LOVE this group, so much useful
information available!
I'm moving out to Madison County the end of this month, but My office
is up 985, Buford, so I know where the 3000 Satellite Blvd address
is.. I'm going to try to make one of these meetings soon! Tough to do
with working full time and all the volunteer work I do. I'm a Georgia
master Gardener and my wife & I are also gearing up to be volunteers
at the new aquarium when it opens in November. Im also a scuba diver:)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800