[ale] adding bootsplash?

lyric hartley leeslist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:32:45 EDT 2005

I would like to add a bootsplash to a custom suse autoinstall. It
seems that the install kernel supports it. I believe the modifications
need to happen to the initrd. I have started looking at bootsplash.org
but most docs I find are for an installed system. I would not think
there would a whole lot of difference as it in the boot process...but
it refers to stuff in /etc and other locations...I figure I will use
the docs I can find and use the root image as the "installed"
system(?)....I was wondering if anyone has experience with this or can
point me to any docs etc. Also, I recall Mike saying during his talk
that modifing the initrd for 2.6 was different (I thought I was able
to mount it on the loopback and copy somewhere and use mkinitrd to
recreate...is this true)

thanks for any advice!
Lee