[ale] Emacs mousing question

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Mon Jul 18 11:02:07 EDT 2005

ALErs -

I like emacs' "classic" mouse-button scrolling: left button scrolls down,
right button scrolls up, both in steps proportional to the cursor's position
in the scroll bar. I get this behavior w/emacs-21.2.1 in RH-7.2, but in my
FC3 installations w/emacs-21.3.1 both buttons scroll in the same direction
by the same step size, depending on whether the cursor is above or below the
'current position' marker in the scroll bar.

Is there an option I can use to get the older-style scroll behavior? Thanks.

 - Mills