[ale] Michael Warfield's Encrypt This

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Fri Jul 15 09:56:35 EDT 2005

Hey Greg (et al)...

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 09:30 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> All,

> I have only been to a few of the ALE meetings, but I went last night.

> I must say that I really enjoyed Mike's presentation.  Its obvious he
> put a huge amount of work in to the project he was describing.  I also
> enjoyed the early part of talk where he talked about the different
> forms of encryption and the different threat models they were relevant
> to.

	I must say I really appreciate feedback like this.  Technical talks are
particularly difficult where it comes to judging an audience.  Too
technical, everyone's eyes glaze over.  Not technical enough and you
bore them to death.  And each crowd is different...  ALE's always a nice
group to speak in front of.

> I hope you do indeed start doing advanced topics on a semi-regular
> basis.  Even once a quarter would be good from my perspective.

> One thing I failed to do was properly write down the url where the
> presentation can be found.

	Straight to the presentation (HTML and OO2):

	http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/2005/encrypt-this

	To the project page with links to the presentation, the tarball of the
scripts, and the modified "busybox" rpm:

	http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/crypto-boot

	Enjoy...

> I doubt Mike wants that on the public list, so could someone send it
> to me via private mail?

	That's not a problem...  I'm more than happy to have it out there.

> Thanks
> Greg

	Mike
  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/