[ale] Bellsouth browser stupids

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Jul 14 15:14:21 EDT 2005

On Thu July 14 2005 1:09 pm, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> http://www.bellsouth.com/upgradebrowser.html
>
> While trying to check DSL availability for a client using Firefox on
> Linux with User agent set to IE6, I get the page in the link above.
>
> In fact, I can't get anything _BUT_ that page when trying to access
> BS.
>
> They really don't want to stay in business do they?
I also noticed that myslef, just the other day.
Since I have CrossOverOffice 4.2 installed, I already have IE6 on my
SUSE 9.3 box, but the ONLY time I EVEr use it is when I get those
kinds of messages. I have Firefox, Mozilla, Opera and Dillo installed.
I haven't totally figured out Dillo yet, but it sure is fast!
I'm moving from Conyers to Nicholson in 2 weeks, so I have to give up
my wonderfully fast Comcast 6MB cable, and now will have to deal with
BS DSL. Well, I don't HAVE to , but I also want to get DirecTV through
them.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800