[ale] Monitor repair in North Atlanta

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jul 11 08:07:10 EDT 2005

Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Does anyone know of any monitor repair shops in the north ATL area?  I
> have a ViewSonic G810 21" (looks like new), but it appears to have a
> dead relay inside.  I'm not willing to open up the monitor myself to fix
> it, but I know there are shops out there that would.  I just want to
> donate it to a good home, instead of trashing it.

I don't know of anyone in north atlanta, but someone responded to a

http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2003-10/msg00919.html

I've also used Multi-User Solutions, again they are not in north atlanta:

770-638-6999

There's also a page on the twiki:

http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/ALE/AtlantaMonitorRepairmonitor
repair"

> Does anyone have any places that might be interested in repairing it or
> recycling it?

As for recycling, you just missed a great opportunity with both Cobb
County and Atlanta offering free drop off of such hardware.  Most shops
will charge you a fee to get rid of a monitor.  Keep your eye open for
other such announcements.

And remember, you can't chunk it into a landfill or your garbage.  It's
against the law, not to mention, very bad for our environment.

Good luck Chris and let us know what you decide to do and what luck you
have.

--
Until later, Geoffrey