[ale] su - declare statements on login

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sun Jul 10 14:16:31 EDT 2005

Hi gang!
I'm a new Linux user out here in the far reaches of Conyers ( soon to
be moving nearer to Athens, but that's another story).
I changed something a while back, and I don't remember what I did.
Now when I "su -" to root I get a whole bunch of these lines:

declare -x ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /opt/gnome/share/aclocal"
declare -x COLORTERM="1"
declare -x CPU="i686"
declare -x DISPLAY=":0"
declare -x GNOME2_PATH="/usr/local:/opt/gnome:/usr"
declare -x GROFF_NO_SGR="yes"

back in the "old days" of *NIX it was something like the .profile and a
"set -x" line, but I can't find it anywhere... I think Anders from the
SUSE-e list had me do it when I installed his scanimage for a test on
my SUSE 9.3 system... but I can't seemm to find that email thread.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800