[ale] Linux POS software

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 4 19:35:39 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 17:50 +0000, Jim Philips wrote:
> Has anybody here been involved with Linux-based POS software? Some of the
> stuff I find from Googling is poorly presented on the Web, so it's hard to
> judge whether they're serious or not. I'm looking for companies that offer
> both hardware and software. It would help if they have a roadmap for
> accommodating RFID, which isn't here yet, but I have to think about it.

How about this:

http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpointofservice/overview.html

If you have further questions about it, let me know.

--
Cheers,
Trey

If there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in
despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the
implacable grandeur of this life.
-- Albert Camus

7:25pm up 1 day 22:21, 4 users, load average: 0.75, 0.31, 0.12
Linux salamander 2.6.11.4-21.7-default #1 Thu Jun 2 14:23:14 UTC 2005
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux