[ale] OT: Palm cradle hotsync button weirdness

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sat Jul 2 00:15:36 EDT 2005

I have had this Palm VX for years and have never been able to find an
answer to this one. The hotsync button on the cradle tries to hotsync
via ir regardless of the settings on the palm I have tried. This is
connected via serial port. I no longer have the manual so maybe I am
missing something. As long as I use the stylus and hotsync icon all is
well. It would be more convenient though to just be able to tap the
button on the cradle. Ideas? Internet searches haven't shown anyone else
to have this prob.

Thanks,

Jim Seymour

--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM advertised
OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from OS/2 v4 to Linux.