[ale] GoDaddy, Dotster, WildWestDomains, Oh My!

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Fri Jul 1 13:30:25 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 05:07:22PM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Anyone know a few internal things about the relationships between
> GoDaddy, Dotster and WildWestDomains?  I know I can get 1M good opinions
> about using GoDaddy, but what I am looking for is better understanding
> of their infrastructure, resiliency, dependencies, and financial
> stability.
I much prefer enom.com to GoDaddy.  Enom's interface is MUCH easier to
deal with, they've been around a long time (at least since 2000), and have
excellent customer service.

Enom uses Linux DNS servers scattered around the U.S., each with redundant
Internet backbone access and most with generators backing up UPSs for
extreme reliability.  They cache DNS entries for only a minute so that
your changes take effect within one minute!  This Linux-based company is
based in Redmond!  They may not be the cheapest but is reliability and
ease-of-use worth just a few bucks to you?

> Tia,

> -Jim P.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]