[ale] Java with Firefox on FC3

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 14:31:32 EST 2005

What JRE package did you download? Sun's? If so, what version? If it
is version 1.5, 5.0, whatever they call it, you need to link to the
plugin in the 'ns7' directory not 'ns7-gcc295' or 'ns6-gcc31'.

Also, make sure you are linking the plugin in the proper directory. If
you link it in '~/.mozilla/plugins/' then any version of mozilla will
pick up the plugin.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:09:07 -0500, Philip Polstra <ppolstra at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't seem to get Java to work under FC3 when using Firefox.  I can
> download the JRE and creat a link in the Plugins directory, but it
> still refuses to run my applets.  This is especially annoying given
> that this is on machines I'm using for my Java programming class.
> Anyone have sucess getting this to work?

----
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59