[ale] OT Speedfactory Problems Anyone?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:15:53 EST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:02:15 -0500, Mark Wright
<mpwright at speedfactory.net> wrote:
> Geoffrey,
>
> Did you really say you have pppoe and a static ip?  I have been paying
> Speedfac about $20 more than bell DSL, for a static ip because Bell
> would only give me a pppoe account.  How can you get both?
>
> I love speedfactory but money is money.
>
> Mark

We have bellsouth, pppoe, and static ip.

We pay bellsouth a little extra each month.

bellsouth just ensures we are assigned the same ip everytime we login.

I have even tried to use my bellsouth login from another location.
The second login gets the static IP assigned and the first location is
immediately offline.  I don't know if that is due to the static IP, or
if that happens with all pppoe customers.

FYI: I don't think bellsouth will sell a static IP for all hardware
setups in their SLICS, or maybe it is a business DSL vs. residential
DSL thing.  I just know many bellsouth people have told me that we
could not have it.

Mind you, I had bellsouth techs working on the service tell me that
even after we had it for several months!!!   (i.e. Don't trust
bellsouth people to know what they are talking about on this issue.)

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer