[ale] Why LISP?

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Jan 27 12:23:53 EST 2005

[...]

    Aditya> I am interested in learning the functional programming
    Aditya> paradigm.  Are there any particular resources online/books
    Aditya> you would recommend ?

If it ever comes out in stores there's _Higer Order Perl_ which how to
write Perl with a Lisp:

There was some kerfuffle with the code in the final proofs getting
completely frelled in the typesetting (kinda ironic given the
conversation about Pythonic whitespace :) and it's been delayed a
little bit longer.  The rough drafts of the chapters were available to
a mailing list and it looks to be very interesting if they can ever
get it onto dead trees.

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'