[ale] KDE oddity

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Mon Jan 24 20:55:00 EST 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 08:34 pm, David Corbin wrote:
> I've gentoo/KDE installation.  Somehow, I've done something so that while I
> have four virtual desktops, only one of them shows the background color and
> main "panel" (task bar).  Any ideas?

I have no idea what going on with the panel, but backgrounds are set per
desktop in Control Center. Just go to Appearance & Themes-->Background and
you'll see a pulldown there that defines individual desktops or all desktops.
If all of this fails, try renaming ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals and
restarting KDE. This will remove all of your previous settings and force you
to set new ones. Good if the whole rc file is corrupt.