[ale] This list is flooding with messages

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jan 24 12:15:01 EST 2005

Ben Le wrote:
> I am new with this Linux list. I know this list is very helpful for
> Linux users. However, have all of you noticed that this list is flooding
> with messages and most of the messages have nothing to do with Linux?
> For example, this list lately is flooding with hundred of messages about
> phone services and ISP (comcast, Qwest, Bellsouth...) that has nothing
> to do with Linux....

As one of the guilty parties on the thread you're referring to, I'll
share with you that this will happen every now and again on this list.
It's not the norm.  But, because it is a localized list, that is,
primary members are in the Atlanta, GA area, you'll find there's more of
a social environment on this list then many of the larger global lists.

That being said, you'll also find that this list does contain a number
of highly skilled Linux users and should find it a great resource.

I'll apologize for the off topic thread, but can't guarantee it'll be
the last.  Many of the folks on this list not only post to the list, but
also attend one of the three meetings held monthly in the Atlanta area.
  This why you often time see postings that demonstrate more social
presence then most lists.

--
Until later, Geoffrey