[ale] comcast static IP?

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Sat Jan 22 22:40:30 EST 2005

Geoffrey wrote:
> 2. BellSouth constantly get's in the way of other providers, whether
> it's local service or dsl.  This is not competitive, it is
> anti-competitive.  They are the reason you can't get dsl without a
> dialtone via Speedfactory.

I have become very jaded against the ILECs. 6-7 years ago, I worked at a
small regional ISP in California, and every time one of our SBC T1's went
down, it was almost literally a fight to get them to do anything about it.
They would routinely quote 2-3 day waits for a tech to roll out and look at
the line. For the T1 contracts we had with them, that was completely
unacceptable. They also would frequently try to just end calls with things
like, "We can loop our side of the NIU, so its your problem." Its crap like
that that makes my hate any kind of government granted monopoly... telco,
cable or otherwise.

--
Jason Fritcher
jkf at wolfnet.org