[ale] comcast static IP?

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 21:11:58 EST 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:47:29 -0500, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 14:52 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> > 3.  I've often (as in > 10 times) caught BellSouth Techs using my 2nd
> > phone line to place calls when in the field.  I was told that this is a
> > common practice.  Further I caught one guy talking trash to his girl.  I
> > was told that they'll pick a 2nd line since it's assumed it's a fax or
> > something.  Doesn't matter if you're expecting a call or something now
> > does it?
>
> Whose wire is it?  Sure you might have rented a service from them, but
> the reality is that you don't own those wires.  Again, read your service
> contract.  Need a dedicated line?  Get a leased line.

It's BellSouth's line - but not the tech's line to make private calls
on.  If I found out that a tech was using one of the lines into *MY*
premises to make personal calls, obstructing my use of a service I pay
for, you can bet I'll be hot - it's not like he was checking the line
by calling his workmate, and happend to  discuss the lunch plans for
that day...

--
Better Living Through Bitmaps