[ale] "easy to use" database

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 18:16:56 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:30:47 -0500, Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net> wrote:
> That kind of ordered-data thing sounds like something you could do in
> Zope without even doing any real coding.
>
> Jeff

Not knowing anything about Zope, would it be a good choice to develop
a simple database entry screen that could be used internally by about
5 of us.  Learning curve and multi-user aspects across the LAN are my
two main concerns.

The database itself could be anything (MySQL, etc.), and will likely
only have a couple thousand entries for a long time.  (I assume Zope
is just a front-end).

The only real intelligence I need the gui/form to have is an
autoincrementing field.  (We currently use F-05-101 to signify the
first record of 2005, but we could track just the 101 part and
hard-code the F-05 part.)

Thanks
Greg
--