[ale] PDA prefs

James Baldwin jbaldwin at antinode.net
Fri Jan 21 09:33:41 EST 2005

On 20 Jan 2005, at 14:23, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> So what are other Alers using?

I still recommend the Treo 650. My flatmate has a GSM 600 and is very,
very satisfied with it. The only downside is the lack of bluetooth and
lack of wireless.

The 650 fixes both of these points: integrated bluetooth and a
"promise" from Palm to produce drivers for the SDIO wireless card
sometime in the future (there already exist several hacks, untested by
me, Enfora is releasing a 802.11b "sled" for the 600s and 650s).

I do recommend avoiding the Sprint (CDMA) version of the 650, the only
currently available model. Sprint required that Palm handicap the last
600 they branded and I have no doubt they'll require the same for the
650s.