[ale] OT: HTML, Forms and Buttons?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jan 19 14:13:37 EST 2005

Robert L. Harris wrote:

>   I'm doing a neat little database project for fun with a web front end.
> I've got a mysql database and some html forms running querries, etc.
> Actually rather fun.
>
>   At any rate right now I've got 2 questions I'm hoping someone can help
> with.
>
>   1) how do I rename the "Submit Querry" button.  Can't find any info on
>      w3.org
>   2) Is there a way to either have the Submit button from #1 either load
>      into the same frame or put a close button into the resulting window
>      that pops up?  I hate having to constantly X out the summary
>      window.

Generally, a submit does not cause a window to popup, so your code must
be doing this.  You can control completely how all this works.  It can
get complex.  I've done things like replaced submit buttons with
graphics, have multiple windows controlled by a 'remote'.  In a lot of
cases you'll have to deal with some javascript to get it done.

--
Until later, Geoffrey