[ale] OT: HTML, Forms and Buttons?

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Wed Jan 19 13:13:48 EST 2005

> What I was trying to get across is that if the page is written in PHP
> (on the backend), the form can self-submit, which will get around the
> need for frames.

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean... if you have a form,
you by necessity need to 'do something' with the form, so I don't see
what 'self-submitting' has to do with anything, really.  PHP won't
automatically give you anything in terms of navigation that hard-coded
HTML won't; you'd need to code something.  And for a simple application,
SSI would probably be an easier option.

Beyond that, though, I'm with you.  PHP (or really any other server-side
technology) is pretty powerful and can make life easier for people.

--George