[ale] OT: HTML, Forms and Buttons?

Megan Golding mgolding at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Jan 19 12:03:05 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:26:16AM -0500, Robert L. Harris wrote:
>   At any rate right now I've got 2 questions I'm hoping someone can help
> with.
>
>   1) how do I rename the "Submit Querry" button.  Can't find any info on
>      w3.org

That's the value attribute of the input tag:
	<input type="button" value="Go">
	or <input type="submit" value="Go">
Both will render a button with the word Go on it. The type attribute
can read either button or submit (which is just a special type of
button). It's the value attribute that changes the text on a button.

>   2) Is there a way to either have the Submit button from #1 either load
>      into the same frame or put a close button into the resulting window
>      that pops up?  I hate having to constantly X out the summary
>      window.

I think I need to see your HTML to understand what changes to suggest.

Megan Golding

--
Life with Rachel, one mom's journey: http://www.kalamitykat.com

AIM: meganau  Yahoo!: meggolding  email: mgolding at sdf.lonestar.org