[ale] phpgroupware & Global Addressbook

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Tue Jan 18 11:27:15 EST 2005

We are still in the process of upgrading from MS + Exchange solution to
an open source solution.  To do this, we're looking into phpgroupware (I
believe someone here recommended it [thanks, by the way]).  We are
having trouble finding a way to do a couple of things though.  The
current issue is with a shared address book.  Ideally, anytime a new
user was added to phpgroupware, their contact info would be available to
everyone in the 'everyone' group to view, and some would be able to
edit.  Currently though, it looks as if it's setup to just have a bunch
of personal addressbooks.  I'm googling (isn't it weird how that's a
verb now), but I'm not having a lot of success.  Has anyone else figured
this out?  If so, care to shoot me a link to the docs that helped you
figure it out?  Many thanks.

I'm running the following:
Fedora Core 3
Apache 2.0.52