[ale] Cheap dialtone for DSL

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 18 06:08:16 EST 2005

James Sumners wrote:
> Speed Factory now accepts the following phone service providers:
> Bellsouth, MCI Metro, ITC Deltacom, LecStar Telecom, Talk America.
> The last one seems to have some fair plans as opposed to Bellsouth.
> If Speed Factory can't provide dry copper by the time I have to renew
> my contract (in August) then I will probably switch phone providers
> at the same time so that I don't have to pay a reprovisioning cost.
> Speed Factory will be offering dry copper as soon as Bellsouth lets
> them have access to it.

The problem with Speed Factory providing dry copper is that BellSouth
has to tell the controlling government agency (can't recall which three
lettes it was) when they (Speed Factory) is ready.  Same old crap.  I'm
considering having another land line installed by another provider just
so I can get away from BellSouth.  I'll even pay more for less service.
  That's how pissed I am about the way BellSouth has treated me.  DO YOU
HEAR ME YOU BLOOD SUCKING MONOPOLY!!  Sorry, couldn't help it.

> If you can avoid using Bellsouth and still get Speed Factory I highly
> recommend that you do so. They, Speed Factory, provide excellent
> service as has been stated on the list so many times.

Absolutely agree.

--
Until later, Geoffrey