[ale] OT: Exchange Hosting

Mon Jan 17 14:52:06 EST 2005

Dow,

The last I have looked at this there isn't. It seems that the protocol
is so closed source its not even funny, and there are a couple of
project out there, where you can host everything on Linux and clone an
Exchange server, however there are licensing costs involved (per user
basis) and the protocols they use are also closed source.

Secondly, the BOSS wants everything hosted off - site because we often
have power outages and we are moving to a new locating. I am slowly
trying to move more and more things toward linux, and the company is
slowly moving against me; they want everything pretty much off - site
(web site, e-mail, etc). I am planing however to put in a VPN server in
the next few weeks, and that will of course be hosted on the Penguin.

Emil