[ale] Routing slow on certain sites

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Mon Jan 17 12:14:31 EST 2005

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 10:21:42PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:

> What kind of message pops up in the browser?  What browser are you
> using on the win box?
>
> I'd at least try another browser on the win box.
>
> It could be problems with internet exploder if you're using it.  Could
> be plain old Microsoft hegemony. :)

The most common message while waiting (forever) is "Opening page
........" The browser is IE 6. I'll have a chat with the girlfriend
about installing a different browser. The slowness goes way beyond
aol.com. Some other sites that wouldn't load on the Win box that I could
turn around and load immediately on the Linux router are:

www.star94.com
www.morningstar.com
www.half.com
www.bankofamerica.com

I turned off the "QoS Packet Scheduler" on the Win box to see if could
be part of the problem....no difference. Any other ideas in the
meantime?

Thanks All,

Jim Seymour