[ale] Weirdness

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Mon Jan 17 00:55:39 EST 2005

On saturday I asked:

| I get an e-mail.  It has a link to a web page.
| Like any good email program KMail highlights the
| link.  I click on it and . . . eventually . . .
| the page loads into Mozilla. But the address is so
| corrupted that all links internal to that web page
| do not work -- can not work.

I finally solved this mess.

KDE Control Center > KDE Components > Component Chooser >
Web Browser > Default Component:
  Open http and https URLs
   * in the following browser: /usr/bin/mozilla

Mine had been set to open http "in an application based on the
contents of the URL."

Sean

Now all I have left is to get the software to find the
USB scanner.  The OS can find it and correctly identify it.

I _think_ there is a problem in the (by me) not understood
connection between USB and SCSI. There is some sort of tie-in
but I haven't a clue how it is supposed to work.

Would it help if I reboot with the scanner turned off and
tell Kudzu to uninstall it, then reboot again and tell Kudzu
to reinstall it?

Sean