[ale] Routing slow on certain sites

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sun Jan 16 13:41:48 EST 2005

Hi All,

I am using my Debian Sarge box as a router for a WinXP box. What would
cause the WinXP box to not be able to load certain sites (aol.com, etc.)
when I can hop right over to the Debian box and access without problem.
Most of the sites seem to pose no problem for the Win box. I do not see
any access denied messages from the firewall and pinging them from the
Win box works fine. I have tried DNS manually as well as pulling it
from the Debian box. Any ideas appreciated. This is on a static dsl
connection if that helps any.

Thanks,

Jim Seymour