[ale] SUSE 9.2 Pro free from Novell

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 15 15:09:04 EST 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 10:13 pm, H. Bieber wrote:
> I just received this email from Novell....
>

> This free offer of SUSE LINUX Professional 9.2 provides a perfect starting
> point for many individuals to use

That's good news! I purchased boxed sets of 8.2 Personal, 9.0 Pro and 9.1 Pro.
I think the manuals are worth the price of admission. I'd definately consider
a free version of 9.2 Pro if the manuals aren't all that different.

As a side note - I think it's time to start looking for general books on
OpenOffice, The Gimp and Scribus. My wife does a bulletin for the church in
Word Perfect, and is thinking of moving towards MS Word and MS Publisher - it
might be cooler to know a little more about the alternatives.

I know very little about OOo and The Gimp - and even less about Scribus. It's
time to learn a bit more about writing Newsletters and bulletins using
opensource tools. Hmmm, maybe I'll start with a newsletter for our Cub Scout
Pack.

BruceG