[ale] Linux boot screen

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Sat Jan 15 11:09:22 EST 2005

You are looking for bootsplash (http://www.bootsplash.org/). I believe once
Sarge is out the Debian project is going to work on implementing it for Debian.
As of right now you have to do it by hand. I found a tutorial for Debian at --
http://www.desktop-linux.net/bootsplash.htm

I know that Ubuntu will have it in their distribution come next release and SuSE
has it by default (as long as the framebuffer can support it). If you are using
another distribution your best but would be to search Google for "bootsplash
<distro_name>".

--
James Sumners
http://ug.dyndns.org/~jsumners/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59