[ale] SUSE 9.2

Bob Owen rsowen at speedfactory.net
Fri Jan 14 17:15:30 EST 2005

I downloaded and burned a DVD copy of SUSE 9.2 a couple of days ago.  I did an
upgrade on a 9.1 box, but it did some strange things.  In trying to go into
YAST, it put a string of dots in the pwd line before I could begin to type
the pwd.  After a cold reboot it doesn't do that any more.

I've been a SUSE user since v6.4, which I installed on a 133MH laptop.  What I
would like is to have SUSE users  to share experiences on doing an upgrade vs
doing a new install.  I've always done a new install when changing versions,
I guess because of bad experiences with upgrading MS.

Thanks

Bob