[ale] mutiple e-mail address management - kmail

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Thu Jan 13 03:04:30 EST 2005

Ok, I use kmail, and I have the following problem.  I use multiple e-mail
addresses (This one, my school one, and a python-specific email address,
etc).  That's fine in the sense that kmail can read all of them as separate
accounts.

However, when I post to a list, for example, I run into a problem.  for ALE I
am subscribed as 'jloden at toughguy.net' but for the python list, I am
subscribed as 'python at jayloden.com'

When I compose/reply to an e-mail, it sends it from "jloden at toughguy.net"
or whatever my current Profile is set to as the email address.

Does anyone know how I can get around this without having to retype my from
address every time I message to a different mailing list?  I was even
thinking of making a menu for kmail that would let me start kmail with
different profiles, but that's an ugly solution, and I can't seem to find
anything that lets kmail do that.

If you all have no other suggestions, I'll take recommendations for mail
clients that handle multiple addresses and mailing lists well.

While I'm at it, is there a way to set up kmail with threading for mailing
lists ?
-Jay