[ale] Newbie and Dual install

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Wed Jan 12 18:19:42 EST 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 05:58 pm, ringo wrote:
> I was thinking of going to FRY's and picking up a real copy of SUSE, but
> looking on the webpage it says it costs $90, is this normal?

This sounds like a power-pack price. In Mandrake a plain boxed set with
manuals is about half this. Download edition from a cheep CD vendor such as
cheapbytes.com (or others) runs about $10.

Just checked and they have SUSE for $9.

May also find it with a magazine for about this same price. Check a large
bookstore such as Barns & Nobel (sp). Last months Linux Magizine had SUSE,
perhaps some other one will have it this month.
--
William