[ale] Need help with Installation

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 11 19:34:19 EST 2005

Tomek Skurzak wrote:
> i am new to Linux. I tried to install Yoper and Suse. In both cases I had
> problems with the video card. The bottom line is that I can not see anything on
> the screen after the linux boots up. Even when I try to adjust the screen
> visuals inside the monitor.
>
> Would you know any commands in the shell I could use to change the graphics? or
> any other suggestions?
>
> The box is IBM  PII 300MHz.

Do you know what video card it has?  Switch to a virtual console
(ctrl-alt-F3 should work) and then check out /var/log/XFree86.0.log or
/var/log/Xorg.0.log depending on what version you're running.  If you
can't figure out what's going on there, post the contents of the log
file and we'll go from there.

--
Until later, Geoffrey