[ale] can't get software sound mixing to work

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Tue Jan 11 16:33:21 EST 2005

Joh6nn and I spent last night working on his Linux install, including working
on this sound problem, and we were able to get sound mixing working with both
artsd and ESD, but when using artsd, it had a huge buffer, meaning the gaim
sounds would take like ten seconds or more to play while xmms was playing.
Messing with the sound buffer or realtime priority, etc, seemed to have no
effect.

With ESD, the sound mixes properly, however. (it's KDE)

-Jay