[ale] Linux router help needed......again

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Tue Jan 11 10:45:18 EST 2005

Hi All,

General background only to shorten email. Set up a Debian Sarge box as
router for a WinXP box using dhcp3 and ipmasq for nat. Result: WinXp box
gets ip address and indicates it is connected to lan but cannot access
the internet. I have read every man I can find and have been unable to
get anywhere for days now :-( Any help or a very complete read somewhere
appreciated. Looking at the firewall it does not show any requests from
it being dropped.

Many Thanks,

Jim Seymour