[ale] fetchmail --antispam

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Jan 5 20:09:52 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:20:29PM -0500, David S. Jackson wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to tell fetchmail to treat any pop3 message with error 451
> as a spam message and to flush it, despite what the error says.
> Fetchmail wants to save all mail until it knows it's bad.  I'm
> telling it to override its default behavior because I know error 451
> (sender address doesn't resolve) is a spam error.  So I start
> fetchmail thusly:
I offer Enterprise-grade anti-spam and anti-virus software for Linux
that may be a more effective solution for you.  It can run either on
a Linux mail server or a Linux Firewall.  If running on a Firewall,
it does not matter what platform the mail servers behind the Firewall
are.

Best regards,

Bob Toxen, CTO
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.
"Your expert in Firewalls, Virus and Spam Filters, VPNs,
Network Monitoring, and Network Security consulting"

http://www.verysecurelinux.com       [Network & Linux/Unix Security Consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My 5* book: "Real World Linux Security"]
http://www.verysecurelinux.com/sunset.html                    [Sunset Computer]
bob at verysecurelinux.com (e-mail)
+1 770-662-8321  (Office: 10am-6pm M-F US Eastern Time)

Author,
"Real World Linux Security: Intrusion Detection, Prevention, and Recovery"
2nd Ed., Prentice Hall, (C) 2003, 848 pages, ISBN: 0130464562
Also available in Japanese, Chinese, and Czech.

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke