[ale] Distro Reply

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 5 13:25:22 EST 2005

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 12:48, Jonathan Rickman wrote:

> Patches? Patches?!!! We don't need no
> steenking patches. There's this nifty project called the 2.4 series
> kernel.

I tried real hard to stay out of this. It's not that difficult to do a Debian
Stable install with the 2.4 kernel. Certainly not worth a few days of going
in circles. I am not a Linux guru and will never be one. I did install Debian
Stable with a 2.4 kernel on a low-end desktop to use as a mail server before
thinking better of that. I scratched the home use mail-server idea after a
few months, but that's not the point. Installing Debian Stable with 2.4
kernel would have been simpler than the last few days worth of posting (says
the guy no longer running Debian Stable for reasons other than the 2.2
kernel).

I don't think this horse could get any deader.