[ale] post-Xmas hardware upgrades

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 01:33:04 EST 2005

As is typical, the kids got some new PC stuff that requires I upgrade
some of their hardware.  Right now, I'm trying to drop 8Mb+ AGP 3D
video into an old Gateway E3200.

The problem is that the AGP slot is not at the edge of the mobo - it's
in the middle of the board.  So I;m looking for a right-angle riser
card so I can use the cheap Radeon AGP card in this box.  I've found
some on eBay for $22 + $7 shipping. Microcenter and Fry's online don't
seem to carry such an item.  Anyone know of a local source for them?

TIA,
Pete

--
Better Living Through Bitmaps