[ale] Configuring a bunch of workstations the same

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 11:09:14 EST 2005

Yep.  Kickstart.

My beginner network install article can be found here:
http://servers.linux.com/article.pl?sid=03/11/26/039241&tid=87&tid=29&tid=42

That'll give you an overview for setting up the first part, the network
installation server.

To automate identical machine installs, however, you need to work on your
kickstart file.

That documentation is here:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/c
h-kickstart2.html

Yes, it's for Enterprise, but the programs work identically, and it's a good
reference for the kickstart file:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s
1-kickstart2-file.html

You can also (in Fedora) use the kickstart applet to build a very generic,
very basic kickstart file.  Then you can use the reference to modify it to
suit.

I hope that helps!

Jerald M. Sheets jr.
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator